Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: City of Ashes

Tittle: City of Ashes
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher:  Margaret K. Mcelderry Books
Pages: 453 pages
Rating: 4/5 stars

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go--especially her handsome, infuriating newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil--and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments os stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor suspects Jace. Could Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?



What's normal if you can see Vampire,Warewolf,Pixies,Demon and even fought them? That's how Clary's life now. Ever since her mother was in coma and now she is a shadowhunter, life getting tough for her. Especially when she know that the evil Valentine was her father and Jace was her brother. 
And now some Downworlders was killed and they ran-out-of blood, The Night Children was getting blamed for this when actually it was, Valentine.

Because of that Jace was accused to be Valentine's spy and the Inquisitor decided to lock him in the jail in the Silent City where most of the criminals lay before the try. But suddenly The Silent Brother was killed and the Mortal Swords was taken away.  Clary, Isabelle and Alec travel to Silent City in order to save Jace and terrified by how the city look, and even more knowing that The Silent Brother was killed.  And when a pixies dead, the Seelie Court's Queen wants the Shadowhunter to protect them and Simon suddenly going to Hotel Dumort, where the Vampire lives




Jace know what Valentine's going to do with the Sword and the Cups, he is going to take a The Rising Ritual, summoned all the demon and fight The Clave, and Valentine need the blood of warewolf,warlock,pixies, and Vampire.

Why actually Valentine want to fight the Clave? Could it be true that Jace was his father spy? Travel to City of Ashes


*****************************
I quite enjoy this book, even though I like City of Bones much more, I didn't like Jace here, he is being so protective with Clary and I didn't like that, it's like "whut? Jace? Seriously?" I prefer the cold-hearted Jace. and the plot sometime out of the point and making me skip some pages >//<
 But I like how Alec-Magnus relationship here, even though Alec still won't admit it but Magnus is like 'asdfghjkl' and Simon-Clary too, still, I can't decided whether I'm 'Team Simon or Team Jace'

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I must say that I love your blog name and the headging, it´s amazing!
    I read City of Ashes long time ago, now I am waiting for the 6th book to be published and to watch City of Bones in theatres.
    New follower =)
    Here is my blog if you want to check it out
    http://livinginourownstory.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting btw, Well I just read this yesterday, such a shame for me to read this in 2013 >///< Yup I'm waiting for the movies too :)

      Delete