Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: If He Had Been With Me

Tittle: if He Had Been with Me
Author: Laura Nowlin
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 338 pages
Rating: 4,5 / 5 stars
Format: e-book

if he had been with me, everything would have been different.

I wasn't with Finn on that August night. But I should've been.
It was raining of course. He and Sylvie were arguing as he drove down the slick road. No one ever say what they were arguing about. Other people think it's not important. They do not know there is another story. The story that lurks between the facts.

What they do-not-know, the cause of the argument--is crucial.

so let me tell you...


Autumn Davis Rose have been friends forever with Phineas 'Finn' Smith. They grow up together, know each other. Autumn can't imagine what her life would be if Finn leave her, glad he never do that. But at some point in the Middle School, they start grow apart. Autumn who is knownly as a weird girl has become popular, while Finn still the same. 

In high-school they friendship was dissolve. Autumn back to weird girl who wear tiara everyday and Finn is an all-star soccer player who is part of the crowd. Autumn friends was a not-popular-guys while Finn friends is you-know-who-am-I.

Autumn begins dating a guy named James, with whom she immediately falls in love. She thinks surely she'll be in love with him the rest of her life.  Finny feels the same but about a girl named Sylvie. But even their high school cliques can’t seem to keep away the memories in Autumn’s mind of the friendship they once had.
I tell myself relationship are hard work. No one is perfect. There's no such a things as happily ever after.
The love between them is something that never seems to go away, but truly isn’t shown, either. Between drama with her parents and at school with her friends, Autumn begins to need support even more than she ever has had before. 
This is friendship and it is love, but I already know what they have not learned yet; how dangerous friendship is, how damaging love can be.

Will Autumn and Finny be friends again, despite the seemingly never ending silence that separates them? 
They day when everything going to happen as it should be was the day that change their world.

********************************

first, there's nothing much about the story I can write in this review. This book is breathtaking. I was reading this book in my school and I haven't paying attention to some subject, I was busy scrolling trough my phone. 

When I read this, I thought maybe the author was playing with us about Finn died. No, I'm not spoiling it. It was written in the goodreads, I used to back cover review in this. Yeah I think maybe Finn wouldn't died, I think he just coma or what else.  Most of the plot line is telling about how Autumn and Finn in the middle school, high school, how they life be, before and after. Really it's such a tragic story to read. If you going to read this book, I suggest you not to read chapter 85. Because when I read that chapter. I hold my breath and read the first sentence twice. I even read some of the chapter in this book after I finished this book because I can't seem to believe that Finn was died.

Just because something seems impossible doesn´t mean that you shouldn´t try.

No comments:

Post a Comment