Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Requiem

Tittle: Requiem
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 391 pages
Rating: 5/5
*may contain a little of spoiler*

They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.



The old Lena has dead, now is the new Lena, part of the Resistance. After rescuing Julian Fineman the son of Deliria-Free-America chairman,  Lena and friends getting stronger in the Wilds, but living in the Wilds is more difficult than before. Meeting Alex screwed-up her feeling. Struggling to keep alive in the chaos and fighting between her love for Julian and Alex.
“I thought you were dead,” I say. “It almost killed me.”
“Did it?” His voice is neutral. “You made a pretty fast recovery.”
“No. You don’t understand.” My throat is right; I feel as though I’m being strangled. “I couldn’t keep hoping, and then waking up every day and finding out it wasn’t true, and you were still gone. I—I wasn’t strong enough.”
Meeting a new friends of the Resistance, now Lena ready to fight for what the Government and other cured thing is disease. To show that love does exist so do invalid, and love is not disease.



While Lena struggling to live in the Wilds, Hana, her bestfriend live in peace in the Portland, now engaged to Fred Hargrove, young Mayor. Loveless. Everyday Hana was preparing for her wedding, everyone thinks she is the most lucky girl, but not for her. Even after she knew what happen to Fred's first wife, she began to hate the engagement. Hana was also feeling guilty about Lena and Alex.
“But the guilt goes even deeper than that. It, too, is dust: Layers and layers of it have accumulated. Because if it weren’t for me, Lena and Alex would never have been caught at all.
I told on them.
I was jealous.
God forgive me, for I have sinned.
Both Lena and Hana fight for something, Love and Freedom. Could they both make it happen?


************************

GAWD! to be honest this is the most expensive books I EVER BOUGHT! it cost 141IDR in the paperbacks, Gramedia really not a friends of buying imported book. After losing 141IDR, Frankly speaking I quite disappointed with the ending as well as other too. Its left-hanging and I hate that, I thought there were going to be an epilogue, I need to know what happen to Hana, Lena, Alex, Julian after the ending. And as this books told both Hana and Lena POV, it's such a great book to read. Hana is my favorite character here, I love her! There's nothing much I can say about this book, even when I tried to write this review my mind was blank. I guess you guys should read this book by yourself. After all, even though I didn't want to give it 5 stars, at least I give it 5. G-bye my Alex....


There were days I asked for it-prayed for it when I went to sleep. The belief that I would see you again, that I could find you-the hope for it-was the only thing that kept me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment