Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review: All The Bright Places

Tittle: All The Bright Places
Author: Jennifer Niven
Publisher: Knopf
Format: E-book
Pages: 400 Pages
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink
" What if we could just cut out the bad and keep the good? This is what I want to do with Violet--give her only the good,keep away the bad, so that good is all we ever have around us."
This book is the most beautiful,and heart-wrenching book I've read by far. Goodreads' awards lead me to this book and I am very thankful for that. All The Bright Places deal with depression,mental illness,suicide,bullying,and lost of the people we loves. During Finch and Violet wandering, he showed her how to live to the fullest,live in the moments and how to live for the present. He also help her to overcome her sadness, her own shell that she build after the death of her sister.
"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it's the small things that count."



Violet and Finch are very well-written and developed characters. I love to see them grow and to understand more of their personal life,and this is something that I rarely found in JG's book. And yet, I found how irony it is for Finch to help Violet but couldn't help himself from his dark thought. How he keep having a roller coaster in his lives,how he wants Violet in his lives and later on insist her to go away. But then I remember,this is what happened to a person with bipolar, the constant change of feelings.
 "Sometimes Ultraviolet, things feel true to us even if they're not."
Finch definitely left every best thing for Violet and those he left behind, and during her completing the entire journey, she was forever changed.What Violet and Finch experienced is so beautiful for me, All the wanders,the quotes they used,every lines in this book is too beautiful to be forgotten. And this is my favorite from the book:
"But I bring it up to let you know that this is the way I feel right now. Like Pluto and Jupiter are aligned with the earth and I'm floating."
In a minute, she says, "You're so weird, Finch. But that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."
Although this book is said to be The fault in our stars meets Eleanor and Park, and I do see those comparisons, this books is beautiful even without the comparisons,or even better .Lastly, this book affect me so much, I still feel an ache deep inside my heart, as if Theodore Finch actually took a part of me when he left. You should read it too :)
"She is oxygen,carbon,hydrogen,nitrogen,calcium,and phosphorus. The same elements that are inside thee rest of us,but I can't help thinking she's more than that and she's got other elements going on that no one's ever heard of, ones that make her stand apart from everybody else."

No comments:

Post a Comment